Violent Fugitive Caught After Escape From NYC Airport: Sources

on Mar31

30 March 2018 | 11:25 pm

The violent fugitive who bolted from Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody at John F. Kennedy International Airport while getting deported to his native Senegal has been captured in Chicago, federal officials say.

The Department of Homeland Security confirms that the manhunt for 31-year-old Mohamadou Lamine Mbacke is over. He was arrested by Chicago-based members of ICE at a Starbucks near Chicago Union Station with assistance from federal partners, according to the Department of Homeland Security. 

Angie Williams, a manager at the coffee shop said the man ordered a grande blonde roast and sat down near the restroom. A few seconds later, she said six plain-clothed officers walked in, along with a dozen more officers who posted outside. The man did not put up a fight, and was led off in handcuffs.

Earlier, ICE described him as dangerous and warned anyone who sees him should not approach him.

Mbacke, a 31-year-old with multiple prior violent convictions and nearly a dozen arrests in New York City over a four-year period, was only at JFK for a layover from Detroit en route to Senegal at the time of the brazen escape late Tuesday, sources and ICE officials have told News 4. 

According to a criminal complaint, three ICE officers were waiting with Mbacke at JFK to board their connecting flight to Senegal when Mbacke asked for permission to sit about eight to 10 rows away from the officers. They granted him the request, and that’s when he gave them the slip, according to the complaint. 

Port Authority officials say a review of one of the airport’s cameras shows the detainee getting into the cab around 9 p.m Tuesday. He hasn’t been seen since.

Mbacke has previous criminal convictions for multiple weapons and firearms offenses, according to an ICE spokesperson. He entered the country lawfully in 2005 before violating the terms of his status and was ordered deported in September 2015 by an immigration judge.  

He was also arrested 10 times in New York City between 2006 and 2010, NYPD sources told News 4. All but one arrest is sealed; that one was marijuana-related. Those sources say he was also wanted for aggravated harassment in the city in 2016, though he wasn’t arrested. His last known address is Harlem.

Previous postPromises, promises: Facebook's history with privacy Next postTackling restrictions will forever change the NFL

Chicago Financial Times

Every effort has been made to accurately represent this web site or product and its potential. Even though this industry is one of the few where one can write their own check in terms of earnings, there is no guarantee that you will earn any money using the techniques and ideas in these materials.

Chicago Financial Times

Copyright © 2018 Chicago Financial Times

Updates via RSS
or Email