Missing 13-Year-Old Girl Found Dead Inside Texas Home: Police

on Jul3

3 July 2017 | 4:54 am

Dallas FBI investigators confirmed early Sunday the death of 13-year-old Shavon Randle, the Lancaster girl who went missing Wednesday and was at the center of an Amber Alert. 






























 

In a live Facebook video posted by the City of Lancaster, Eric Jackson, special agent for the Dallas FBI office, stated that officers had found two bodies inside a home in Dallas Sunday morning.

The bodies were of Shavon Randle and Michael Titus, 19, who was initially named as a person of interest in the girl’s disappearance last week.






























Officers responded to an abandoned home in the 2200 block of Kiest Boulevard just before 3 a.m. after receiving tips. 

No one has been charged in Shavon’s death.

Police concluded their investigation at the home Sunday afternoon and the medical examiner’s office removed the bodies. The cause of death is not yet known.

A growing memorial of flowers, balloons, and teddy bears was set up outside the home. A large presence of on-lookers also remained Sunday evening. 

FBI Arrests 2 People on Saturday
Lancaster Police and FBI agents arrested two additional people on Saturday in connection with the disappearance of 13-year-old Shavon Le’Faye Randle.

The Lancaster Police Department and the FBI arrested Devontae Owens and Laquon Wilkerson, who was recently identified as an additional person of interest, on Saturday, July 1.

On Saturday, Police said they were continuing their search for Michael Titus, considered a person of interest in the girl’s disappearance.

Two other people identified by Lancaster police Thursday as people who may also have knowledge of the abduction, 25-year-old Laporshya Polley and 26-year-old Darius Fields, are said to be talking with investigators. The FBI says the public helped investigators locate them.

Randle was last seen in the 1300 block of Southridge Drive at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 28. Police issued an Amber Alert that day, indicating she may be in grave or immediate danger.

Police said Wednesday she was taken from her home by an unknown man who they said later called a member of the girl’s family.

“They confirmed that they knew who the victim was and they said, ‘Well, we have her,'” Lancaster Police Department Det. Joseph Brickett said. “Then they called back later on the victim’s cell phone and said, ‘If you call law enforcement, then we’ll harm her.'”

Brickett said investigators were able to trace Randle’s cell phone location for a while before it was turned off. Investigators are checking locations in those areas for photos, surveillance video, or any witnesses who might have seen the girl or the suspect vehicle.

Published at 6:56 AM CDT on Jul 2, 2017 | Updated 52 minutes ago



Previous postIllinois House votes to raise taxes amid budget impasse - Government News Next postMan Charged in Road Rage Killing of High School Grad


Chicago Financial Times


Copyright © 2020 Chicago Financial Times

Updates via RSS
or Email